Urgently seeking Infection Prevention and Control Nurse in Community Health East
Community based (Primary Care/Mental Health/Social Care)
Full time but can be flexible
To start immedietly
Needs IPC qualification.
Purpose of post is:
- To provide and maintain a comprehensive, efficient and effective infection prevention and control service within CH East.
- The post holder will ensure patient safety and quality through the prevention, surveillance, investigation, and control of infection. Incorporating policy development, audit, research and staff education.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities would include:
The four quality domains set out in the HIQA Safer Better Healthcare Standards and will be incorporated into the role of the Infection Prevention and Control Nurse (IPC).
- Person centred – care that is respectful and responsive to individuals needs and values and partners with them in designing and delivering that care.
- Effective – care that is delivered according to the best evidence as to what is clinically effective in improving an individual’s health outcomes
- Safe – care that avoids , prevents and minimises harm to patients and learns from when things go wrong
- Better health & well being – care that seeks to identify and take opportunities to support patients in improving their own health and well being.
The Clinical Nurse Manager 2 (Infection Prevention and Control) will:
- Work as a key stakeholder and member of the team providing expert advice and support to all members of the care team
- Work as a nurse clinical advisor for staff members in relation to infection prevention and control and work closely in conjunction with associated acute hospitals and community links
- Be required to provide and maintain a comprehensive, efficient and effective IPC service by assessing, identifying, developing, implementing and evaluating Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for the role which will be reviewed and evaluated with line management quarterly to ensure performance delivery
- Gather information that is required to monitor KPIs relevant to HCAI/AMR
- Carry out the responsibilities of the role with cognisance of national and international best quality assured standards of care
Location of post: TBC (within geographical area of CH East)
Please email email@example.com if interested