Occupational Health Nurse or Nurse with Phlebotomy and Vaccination Experience for Dublin and Kildare HSE Departments
- Occupational Health Nurse or Nurse with Phlebotomy and Vaccination Experience
- Nurses Required for 3 locations Dublin City Centre, Blanchardstown and Naas
- Full and part time positions available for Dublin
- Part time hours avaalble for Naas
- If skills are limited to vaccination and phlebotomy, then the hours available may be less than set out above
- Parking available at locations
Principal Duties and Responsibilities but not limited too;
- Provide pre-employment screening, immunisation under medication protocol and health surveillance clinics.
- Provide Blood Borne virus exposure management based on current evidence based practice.
- Carry out assessment of occupational blood & body fluids exposure incidents (OBEs). Provide follow-up care after accidents where appropriate, e.g. OBEs.
- Make appropriate assessment and use of Universal Standard Precautions and in line with HSE policy.
- With OHS Multidisciplinary involvement conduct health assessments of healthcare workers to ascertain fitness for work
- Ensure accurate use of specialist equipment provided within the Occupational Health Department.
- Facilitate co-ordination, co-operation and liaison across healthcare teams and programmes.
- Collaborate with service users, management, family, carers and other staff in treatment / care planning and in the provision of support and advice.
- Maintain nursing records in accordance with local service and professional standards.
- Adhere to and contribute to the development and maintenance of nursing standards, protocols and guidelines consistent with the highest standards of patient/service user care.
- Evaluate and manage the implementation of best practice policy and procedures e.g. referral and discharge procedures, control and usage of stocks and equipment, grievance and disciplinary procedures.
- Maintain professional standards in relation to confidentiality, ethics and legislation.
- In consultation with the Head of Department/CNM3 and other disciplines, implement and assess quality management programmes.
- Participate in clinical audit as required.
- Operate within the NMBI Scope of Practice Framework
- Support the implementation of the Occupational Health Nursing Strategy 2020-2024
If you would like to be considered and to find out more information, please forward an up to date CV to email@example.com