CNM1 Required for Irish Blood Transfusion Service Dublin
The CNMI works as part of a multi-disciplinary team providing nursing support to the medical virology department which is responsible for the management of blood donors who are found to be reactive on testing for markers including HIV, Hepatitis C, Hepatitis B, HTLV, syphilis and malaria
First contact is critical in ensuring optimum management of the donor.
In addition the department is responsible for the investigation and management of other donor groups and in some cases recipients of blood products.
- 37.5 Hours
- Role is onsite at National Blood Centre with some flexibility for remote working.
- Able to work flexible hours to meet service demands
- Additional ICT and audit training will be provided if required.
- Experience with donors/patients with infectious diseases
- Interest and experience of clinical audit
- The post holder will be required to operate in accordance with, but not limited to, the following legislative requirements:
- SI 360 /2005 - European Communities (Quality and Safety of Human Blood and Blood Components) Regulations 2005 (and its associated SI's)
- SI 158 /2006 – European Communities (Quality and Safety of Human Tissues and Cells) Regulations 2006 (and its associated SI's)
If you are interested please advise by return of email including your current CV along with your weekly availability.